Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Two Week Wait

Well, a week has officially passed since Baby J was transferred!  I have been all sorts of excited since that Tuesday afternoon!  The excitement also brings uncertainty...!  Uncertainty also known as the Two Week Wait.  The 2WW is length of time between embryo transfer and either when your period begins or when you get a positive pregnancy test.  Tests are usually completed 12-14 days after transfer.  I would have a blood test on May 27th, but C and I will have hopefully caught our limit in walleye, northern, and lake trout in CANADA by that time!!  So, we have our blood test scheduled for Saturday, June 2nd at 8 am.  I was so pleased to hear that the clinic does blood testing / lab work on the weekend!  I figured that I would have to 2WW+ until Monday the 4th.  I could of course do the home pregnancy test on the 12th day, but I think I will stick it out and wait until the clinic date.  Don't get me wrong I want to know as soon as possible - killing me not knowing, but I do not want to get a negative result while I am in a foreign country!!!

Two days after the transfer I called the laboratory to get the final count on frozen embryos.  Unfortunately, they were only able to save and freeze 5 embryos.  The last embryos were hanging on but did not continue to grow in the lab.  Still....5 embryos is plenty!  I would never have had the thought of having 6 kids!  The total just gives me hope that if this time around we get a negative result, we still have opportunities to try again without having to do all of the fertility drugs to retrieve more eggs.

Here's to hoping that the time in Canada is enjoyable, somewhat goes slowly... but fast enough to get back home and get that blood test completed as this is the next major milestone!  This blog has been very therapeutic for me to write what I've been going though and has allowed me to share our journey with close friends / family.  The blog has also been fun for me to re-read what I've written, see the major milestones we've passed, and know how far we've come since the very first time C & I even spoke together about the thought of having Baby J. 

Well, I suppose the time has come that I should probably start thinking about packing to go up to the great north!  Hope you all have a grrrrreat week!

Love you all,
ALJ

No comments:

Post a Comment