Thursday, May 10, 2012

Retrieved!

The eggs have officially been retrieved!  I made the trip to the clinic with my trusty driver a.k.a. my loving husband early this morning!  I changed into a pretty gown, put on a hair net, and slipped little bootie covers over my feet.  The nurse started my IV and away we went!  I was sitting in the chair as she was going over the details about the up coming days and the transfer day.  They had Corey go back to the waiting room until I came back out into the recovery room after the procedure.

The nurse injected something... but whatever that was she warned me I'd feel goofy in about 30 seconds... damn was she right!  All of a sudden I did indeed feel goofy!  A little more time went by and then I finally walked into the "operating" room with two nurses, one on each side holding onto my arms.  I remember walking to the room and one nurse telling me to lay down on the "bed."  I couldn't even tell you what the room looked like, what the "bed" looked like, what instruments were in the room, how many other people were in the room, or honestly I don't even remember laying down!  That must have been some gooooood stuff!

I do however recall waking up momentarily during the procedure.  I think I was moaning out loud... and I do recall that I could feel "pain," but I couldn't really "feel" what they were doing.  I slightly remember hearing the nurse say to me multiple times, Amber, breathe.... AMBER... breathe.... breathe Amber...!  I would suspect that after they realized I was uncomfortable they pushed a little more drugs into that IV.  I have no recollection of walking or if I even walked back to the recovery room.  I don't really know at what point when I started to wake up, but what I do remember is that Corey was sitting next to me.

Before I went into the "operating" room, there was another lady gearing up to do the retrieval process right after me.  As I mentioned before, I don't remember walking back to the recovery room, but while I was waking up, I saw them walk the other lady back to the "room" or curtain next to me... Wonder what I looked like before, during, and after... I wish they would have video taped that... I am hoping that the same nurse is there on Tuesday to ask how much of a fool I made out of myself... bhahahaha!

Anyways, they collected 35 eggs - Holy moly!  No wonder it felt like my ovaries were grapefruits hanging out there inside me!  20 of the eggs they injected with Corey's... well lets just call them "boys."  The other 15 they will freeze for future use, if we ever desire to use them at a future date.  They will monitor the growth of the embryos in the next 5 days.  They will then pick out the "best" two embryos as the quality of both the eggs and sperm will make a difference!

Tuesday is THE DAY... well I guess today was THE day as the sperm and egg met... but Tuesday is THE DAY that they will implant the embryos back into me!  Tomorrow evening brings the dreaded progesterone shot.  1.5" needle with 1 cc of liquid injected into my rump!  Sure hope Corey brings his A game tomorrow and shoots that needle in so fast!  Guess we'll see!!!

What a grrrrreat day!  I have experienced a little bit of pain since the procedure, but Tylenol has taken the edge off a little bit.  I am still sooooo excited and cannot wait for Tuesday!

Update after Tuesday's endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment