Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Chunkers!

Today brought the two dr. appointments!  First appointment was at the Perinatal Center for an ultrasound.  This time around the appointment only took 20 minutes!  I couldn't believe when we were done!  All previous appointments have taken an hour and a half to an hour and forty-five minutes!  Today was just a general check up and one extra shot of Baby B's heart that they couldn't get on the previous appointment.  The boys were allll sorts of sprawled out today!  Baby A's head was positioned near my right hip bone with his feet angled up towards my left rib cage.  Baby B's head was positioned near my right rib cage and his legs angled towards my left hip bone!  This makes sense as I've been feeling a majority of the movements on the left side of my belly - where both of their legs are positioned! Baby A measured out as a little chunker at 2.6 lbs and Baby B measured out to be 2.0 lbs.  Next ultrasound will be at week 30, on June 23rd, in three weeks!

The next appointment was in the afternoon with my dr.  I packed on an additional 9 lbs from the last appointment to take my count up to 24 lbs.  My blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature were all looking fantastic!  Today was the day that I had the pleasure of drinking the glucose drink to test for gestational diabetes.  I went with the lemon-lime flavor.  The drink didn't taste terrible, and I managed to gulp 'er down.  I'm glad that the bottle wasn't any bigger...

The dr. didn't have much to talk about and I didn't have much to ask so the appointment was pretty short again.  She mentioned next time around we'd talk about delivery stuff.  Next appointment with her is on August 3rd.  She said she wanted to be able to review the ultrasound information before meeting with me.  Went down to the lab for my blood draw.  I had to wait ~ 30 minutes before they took my blood.  Holy cow did that glucose drink give me one heck of a sugar high and one heck of a low.  I definitely felt the effects of all that sugar.  I didn't get a call back on my results, so I hope to hear from them tomorrow.  Fingers crossed that I passed... of all tests, nobody wants to fail that one!


Baby B's head was resting on Baby A's chest near his heart... such sweeties!
Profile shot of Baby A - lil' guy was moving his jaw - 'sucking' - probably trying to find his hands! Super cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment