Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hormones!

Well, as expected, I am starting another 10 days of progesterone pills to induce my cycle as it has been 6 + weeks since the start of my last cycle. Once I finally start my cycle, I am supposed to call the Doc and set up an appointment to get a hysterosalpinogram /he-ster-o-sal-ping-o-gram/. That's a mouthful, but luckily almost no one calls it by the full name...they just say HSG test. The test involves placing an iodine-based dye through the cervix and taking x-rays to help evaluate the shape of the uterus and whether or not the fallopian tubes are open or blocked. In my case, the key to this test is identifying if the fallopian tubes are blocked.

Well the waiting game is on again until the two appointments scheduled on the 10th for C and the 16th for me at the fertility clinic as well as the HSG test which is TBD.

Until next time,
Much Love,
ALJ

No comments:

Post a Comment